Interest in Paris area D meetups?

Claude via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 23 02:40:16 PDT 2016

On Monday, 13 June 2016 at 21:34:45 UTC, Guillaume Chatelet wrote:
>> Sounds good to me.
>> How about next Wednesday (15th) at "Bière et Malt" (4 rue
>> Poissonnière
>> in the 2nd district) at say 19:00?
>
> In case someone else wants to join. This has been postponed to
> next week. Wednesday 22nd same place, same time.

We were 3 and that was a great meeting.

The last time I met people I don't know from the Internet was
probably 10 years ago, when I met up with a girl from a dating
website. And you know how it works, you chat away pretending
you're not here to seduce her (well, the first 30 minutes) and
suddenly the magic happens ... or not at all.

Well, that was EXACTLY the same, we met up at the bar, drank a
beer and talked pretending we didn't know about D and suddenly:
"What? Did you just mention the D programming language?? What
were the odds that 3 people meet randomly in a big old town like
Paris and find out they felt in love the same programming
language? Oh my God...".

We plan to meet up roughly once a month, so let's stay tuned... :)