Examples of dub use needed

Wyatt via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 23 06:33:03 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 23 June 2016 at 07:46:41 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> My intention with the text is to provide a detailed description
> of every dub command and configuration directive, along with
> examples of how to use them in both JSON and SDLang formats.

Yes, this is a good idea.  It took me most of a day of trying to
wrestle my project into a dub-compatible state and I honestly
ended up giving up because my old Makefile is shorter, faster,
and much easier to understand. (IIRC, the last straw was
realising dub doesn't seem to have a good answer to Make targets,
so building my library test samples was... impossible?  Or at
least completely obtuse.)

I would request that you especially look for common build idioms
and how to represent them in dub, because I'm apparently not the
only one who thinks it's not obvious.

-Wyatt