Is dmd fast?

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 23 07:36:02 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 23 June 2016 at 14:28:08 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
>> The GNU gold linker should be the default on newer
>> distributions.
>
> Is there a way to tell? Thanks! -- Andrei

it's not something dmd should enforce: it is the system setting
under user control. there may be many various reasons to choose
one or another linker, and in terms of interoperability it's
better to stick with what system provides.

as of the linker itsef, on most systems /usr/bin/ld is just a
symling to either ld.bfd or ld.gold. we can include some notion
in DMD documentation regarding to that.