Phobo's migration

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 23 07:52:48 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 23 June 2016 at 08:52:06 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:

>> Honest question: have you ever looked into Kaizen and lean
>> management https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaizen? Because
>> stopping everything in Phobos and waiting for "breakthroughs"
>> is a dead on arrival plan. A continuous improvement process is
>> much more viable, realistic, and likely to produce good
>> results.
>
> This is not true. There are many development methodologies and
> most of them are not suitable for designing programming
> languages, including all "lean" methodologies.

Kaizen just means continuous improvement. My Dad is an industrial
engineer and talked about it all the time growing up. I really
can't even fathom why anyone would be opposed to it...

Lean is a broader concept and may not necessarily be a good fit.