Examples of dub use needed

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 23 08:03:20 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 23 June 2016 at 01:43:32 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Wednesday, 22 June 2016 at 19:20:30 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
>

>> I will touch dub, but I still felt like shouting "well then
>> why doesn't the next edition of Learning D just tell people to
>> look at some D source code and figure it out" when I saw
>> that...
>
> What are you referring to?

My point was that I don't consider this advice for everyone. I
already know how to use dub. I recommend improving the docs so
that someone else doesn't have the pain points that I had when I
was trying to figure it out.

You had recommended looking through json/sdl files from existing
projects to learn how to use dub properly. If someone took this
advice for learning D, it would be to look at source code in
random projects to try to understand the language. I've got your
Learning D book on my bookshelf. It doesn't just have one line
that says, hey just look at some source code and figure it out.
It breaks things apart into small examples so that you can easily
process each part.

> Then pitch in!

I put a few changes I would make to the docs on this thread.