Let's make the DLang Tour an awesome landing page for D newbies

Seb via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 23 12:24:49 PDT 2016

Let me start with the good news: since the DLang Tour was
launched by André last month, we had about 3K unique visitors and
continuously have between 100-200 visitors per day.

However here are the bad news: We loose about 40% of all visitors
directly on the front page and we loose the majority (>70%) on
the first ten pages.
Our DLang Tour is the starting point for newcomers. Hence if you
think in terms of Andrei's first five minutes, we loose pretty
badly!

We already tried to improve things a bit (slicker design, D-man
on the front page), but we need your help to motivate future
D-eists and inspire them!

Last week we split the tour in individual Markdown files per
chapter, s.t. improving the tour is only a button click away.

Moreover we plan to translate the tour in multiple languages soon
[1], so any help in reviewing the tour would be great. If you
discover structural problems or want to share improvement ideas,
don't hesitate to ping us with a Github issue ;-)

Thanks for your help in making our DLang Tour an awesome landing
page for D newbies!

André & Seb

[1] https://github.com/stonemaster/dlang-tour/issues/132
[2] https://github.com/stonemaster/dlang-tour/issues