Let's make the DLang Tour an awesome landing page for D newbies

Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 23 14:57:50 PDT 2016

On 06/23/2016 12:24 PM, Seb wrote:

 > We already tried to improve things a bit (slicker design, D-man on the
 > front page), but we need your help to motivate future D-eists and
 > inspire them!

Sorry to repeat myself:

- The first navigation link says "Install D Locally". I wouldn't click
that link; I just want to get a quick idea about the language, I'm not
ready to install it yet.

- The page numbers don't make sense:

1/4
2/4
3/4
4/4
1/19 WAT? :)

- I would like to have the page numbers and the left-right navigation
buttons on top (in addition to the ones at the bottom)

- I think first few pages have too much text. The tour could give just
the flavor of the language as opposed to being a convenient resource hub.

But again, thank you for putting this together. It's great but can be
greater. :p

Ali