Please rid me of this goto

Timon Gehr via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 23 16:33:46 PDT 2016

On 24.06.2016 00:53, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> >Because 0^^0 = 1, and 1 is representable.
>> >
>> >E.g. n^^m counts the number of functions from an m-set to an n-set,
>> >and there is exactly one function from {} to {}.
> This argument only works for discrete sets.

No, it works for any cardinals n and m.

> If n and m are reals, you'd
> need a different argument.

I don't want to argue this at all. x^^0 is an empty product no matter
what set I choose x and 0 from. 0^^0 = 1 is the only reasonable
convention, and this is absolutely painfully obvious from where I stand.
What context are you using 'pow' in that would suggest otherwise?

Also, Andrei's implementation explicitly works on integers anyway.