C++17 is feature complete

luminousone via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 27 08:54:16 PDT 2016

On Monday, 27 June 2016 at 06:16:57 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Monday, 27 June 2016 at 05:33:24 UTC, luminousone wrote:
>>>
>>> Still adding D features, I see!
>>
>> Now if only they could bring over some of D's superior
>> template syntax, all of the <>'s are so damned ugly, Or type
>> reflection features(is this even possible in c++?).
>
> Ugh, D's template syntax is far from superior :-(.
>
> What kind of type reflection are you thinking of? C++ has
> static type traits and some very limited dynamic reflection for
> classes with virtual functions, but C++ is nowhere near
> Python's capabilities.
>
> C++ does have a special interest group working on reflection:
>
> https://root.cern.ch/blog/status-reflection-c

D's template syntax is vastly superior to C++...

C++ has post pended vtable pointers on class objects, its
unlikely good reflection can ever be added to the language, as
the vtable may be in a different place in every object their is
no way to access it universally for object type information. Some
Compile time type reflection might be possible, But I bet it ends
up being flimsy.