C++17 is feature complete

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 27 09:48:16 PDT 2016

On Monday, 27 June 2016 at 16:38:07 UTC, luminousone wrote:
> easy to implement. In C++ the exact position of the vtable
> depends on what is in the base most class, it might be 8bytes
> in, maybe 20, maybe 200, you just don't know, And certainly the
> runtime can't know.

I know what the usual implementation is, but I don't believe it
is required by the spec. So it is implementation defined and the
runtime most certainly can know if that is part of the
requirement. As I said, you don't even need to use a vtable AFAIK.

Can show me the section in the spec where it is required? I can't
find it.