AWS SDK

Brad Roberts via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 27 10:53:32 PDT 2016

On 6/26/2016 4:06 PM, Jadbox via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Is there an AWS library in the works for D? It's seriously the main
> blocker for me to push adoption of the language internally.
>
> If not, I can try to invest time into making one, but I could use help.
>
> (fyi, there's one in the works for Rust: https://github.com/rusoto/rusoto)

I have some old code here:

     https://github.com/braddr/downloads.dlang.org/tree/master/src

It has sig v2 signing and some s3 object related code.  Super minimal
and sig v2 is out of date (though still very usable, in most aws regions).

Ideally, someone would partner with aws -- there's a developer tools
forum -- to add D to the suite of languages.  I'm fairly sure they code
generate at least a large part of the tool kits from the api definitions
for each of the tons of services.  Trying to manage them all by hand is
a loosing battle.

I've been tempted to do this a couple times, but the time investment
would likely be more than I'm willing to spend.