AWS SDK

jadbox via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 27 11:21:45 PDT 2016

On Monday, 27 June 2016 at 17:53:32 UTC, Brad Roberts wrote:
> https://github.com/braddr/downloads.dlang.org/tree/master/src
>
> It has sig v2 signing and some s3 object related code.  Super
> minimal and sig v2 is out of date (though still very usable, in
> most aws regions).
>
> Ideally, someone would partner with aws -- there's a developer
> tools forum -- to add D to the suite of languages.  I'm fairly
> sure they code generate at least a large part of the tool kits
> from the api definitions for each of the tons of services.
> Trying to manage them all by hand is a loosing battle.
>
> I've been tempted to do this a couple times, but the time
> investment would likely be more than I'm willing to spend.

Yep, the sdk would need to be autogenerated from their spec
files. I use a great number of services from s3, Kinesis, SQS,
SNS, Redshift, DynamoDB, EC2 cmds, Route 53 reconfiguring. This
is a common story for most cloud developers. With the advent of
microservices, it's a relatively easy sell to get developers to
try a new language for a small service, but most of these
services rely on cloud drivers.