-dip25 switch: time to make it always on?

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 29 03:15:21 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 29 June 2016 at 10:02:08 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> Please don't. There is a dire need to fix the implementation
> first, currently DIP25 is almost unusable for anyone who
> doesn't know exact limits of the feature - compiler diagnostics
> are pretty much non-existent. Right now it is miles away from
> what I'd call a success.

I actually doubt that anyone but dlang itself is using it.
Only enabling it with a dmd compiler switch means it unlikely to
be used by any dub package. I also don't understand why we left
our well established model of adding new errors as deprecations,
would've integrated much better with existing build tools. Same
goes for this -transition= thing.