stub out your gc without hacking on druntime

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 29 21:30:29 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 30 June 2016 at 04:07:03 UTC, Hiemlick Hiemlicker
wrote:
> Can one use this to hook in to any phobo's lib functions?

Yeah, you could. Easier though is to just copy the phobos lib
file, modify it, then compile it into your program explicitly:

cp dmd2/src/phobos/std/file.d .
# edit your local ./file.d to play with it
dmd yourprogram.d your_other_modules.d file.d

notice that I added the copied Phobos file to the compile command
line. Then the compiler will prefer the one from your file to the
one in Phobos itself. Nothing else needs to change, you still
import std.file;

> Can we call the original functions somehow?

No, with this technique the linker will remove the original
functions from the program.