Google's code ownership

sarn via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 30 17:29:10 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 29 June 2016 at 22:35:03 UTC, qznc wrote:
> However, I'm not sure if "finding reviewers" is the bottleneck?

Not everything applies because Google doesn't host its repo on
Github (obviously), but code ownership works very well there.  It
helps avoid the bystander effect, and encourages casual
contributors (like bugfixers) because they know they have a
specific person to ping.  As long as code ownership is a position
of responsibility, not power, I think it's a good idea for most
large software projects.