GSoC 2016 "GDC Project - The GNU D Compiler" project

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 1 08:55:14 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 1 March 2016 at 11:50:02 UTC, Abhishek Kumar wrote:
> Hello
> I am Abhishek Kumar,computer science student from India.I am
> interested in working on D language during GSoC 2016.I found
> "GDC Project - The GNU D Compiler" interesting.
> I have interest in programming languages and compilers.I have
> been working on a Python to C++ code converter,also I am
> writing a Javascript parser for code minification in
> Scala(Using scala fastparse). I have prior open source
> experience in Scala and good knowledge of C/C++.
>   Can someone help me with how to start and get familiar with D?
> I'll be glad to have your help and suggestions.

Presumably you've looked at the Getting Started link from the
front page?

http://dlang.org/getstarted.html

It is difficult to answer the question more fully without knowing
what aspects you want to start off with.  If you're unfamiliar
with D itself, those links should get you going.  If you're
already somewhat familiar and want to know more about some
aspect, let us know what that is.