C++ UFCS update

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 2 08:33:45 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 2 March 2016 at 15:57:41 UTC, Piotrek wrote:
> Are you sure that "->" is obvious in C++? I ask because it can
> mean many things, not mentioning it can be overloaded!

That's an odd statement. In C++ it is a member-overload that
returns a pointer which is hardwired to be dereferenced by the
compiler.

No real relation...

Anyway, trying to prevent library authors from providing the
means to express an algebra is the antithesis of a programming
language for generic programming.

This is an area where D is fighting against itself and should
either improve or focus less on generic programming. D2 is being
held back by the high level legacy it inherits from D1.