GSoC Next Steps

Alex Herrmann via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 2 09:27:47 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 2 March 2016 at 00:29:27 UTC, CraigDillabaugh wrote:
> Not sure if this fits better in announcements, but I will try
> here for now.
>
> I need email addresses for mentors so I can add you to the
> organization (D Foundation). I can hunt most of you down, but
> it would be easier if you got in touch with me:
>
> craig dot dillabaugh at gmail dot com
>
> Also, if you are not currently listed as a mentor, but are
> interested I think it is still fine to add new names.
>

> Also, we should put together a selection committee to review
> the student proposals (once they are submitted).  I will give
> some thought on how to come up with this committee, but any
> nominatios are welcome.  Potential mentors should be involved
> in evaluation, but I would like the final 'selection' done by a
> group outside the mentors, since the mentors are to some extent
> in a conflict of interest (they will presumably favor projects
> targeted at their area of expertise).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Craig

I just had time to see the results today, congratulations on the
approval into GSOC! Very exciting time as a student who enjoys
programming in D. Although I may not be able to apply due to
work, it's awesome that a group of students will be able to work
full time on projects that directly benefit the D community.

Best of luck to mentors and students alike!