GSOC Idea.

Marco via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 2 12:21:28 PST 2016

Hi, I am Marco, a CS student at UCL. This is both a presentation
post and also post where I ask some suggestions about an idea for
a GSOC project.

I am a first year student and I do now that I may be too
inexperienced for such difficult projects, but my willingness to
learn is big. I am very fascinated by the world of compilers. Due
to this fact I would really appreciate to be selected this summer
and to work on a project for the D Lang.

My main idea is to port the D Lang to the arduino environment. I
do know that in past there has been a proposed project for GSOC
very similar to this idea, but I can't find any actual
implementation of this idea on the Internet.

Would the task be too difficult? Or with constant hard work would
be doable?

Thank you in advance.

(In the case that I will not be selected in the GSOC programme, I
will probably continue to be an active member of the development
of the D Lang, due to my real interest for it. So this post is my
first step in this community)