std.database

Piotrek via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 3 08:08:03 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 2 March 2016 at 17:13:32 UTC, Erik Smith wrote:
> There are a number of areas where this design is an improvement
> over DDBC: ease-of-use, better resource management (no scope,
> no GC), phobos compatibility, to name a few.  There is a lot
> more that needs to be added to make it standards grade.

I agree with you we need database manipulation in Phobos. However
modules like db, gui, xml or similar are too much work for a one
developer. And as you can see from time to time there apears
someone with its own vision.

That's why, long time ago, I suggested DIP73
(http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP73) so the collaborative work would be
controlled by the D community (or the D foundation). But I am
aware that there is no agreement nor resources for that.

> Your engine project is interesting.  I think there is common
> ground in the interfaces in the two projects, particularly in
> how the interface for the results might work. I will look more
> closely at the details to see what might be workable.
>
> erik

I agree that we (as a community) should work on common and
effective APIs. Maybe when D foundation is big enough...

Piotrek