Good project: stride() with constant stride value

Meta via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 4 13:19:33 PST 2016

On Friday, 4 March 2016 at 20:14:41 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> This is just speculation. When the stride is passed to larger
> functions the value of the stride is long lost.
>
> I understand the desire for nice and simple code but sadly the
> stdlib is not a good place for it - everything must be tightly
> optimized. The value of the project stands. -- Andrei

It's easy to implement but isn't this an optimization that
LDC/GDC would already do if the stride is known at compile time?
Should we be optimizing the standard library for DMD when
(speculation but probably true) it's the only one that can't
perform such an optimization?