GSoC Project Feedback - iOS and Android versions of DSFML

Jeremy DeHaan via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Mar 6 22:25:37 PST 2016

On Monday, 7 March 2016 at 05:40:01 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> On Monday, 7 March 2016 at 02:34:41 UTC, Jeremy DeHaan wrote:
>> For those interested in seeing the actual proposal I am
>> working on, I have provided the link below. Just know that
>> this is my first draft and *a lot* of revising and editing
>> still needs to be done.
>>
>> https://github.com/Jebbs/DSFML/files/160669/DSFML.Summer.of.Code.Proposal.-.FirstDraft.pdf
>>

>> Please let me know if you think this is worth the effort and
>> would make a good GSoF project.
>
> Certainly worth the effort but I'm not sure it's a good GSoC
> project, as I wonder if this is the kind of grunt work that
> they want to sponsor and if it's enough work for a whole
> summer.  That would all depend on more details about what you
> think needs to be done.

Yeah, that's a pretty fair assessment I think. Not being sure if
this would be good for GSoC is the reason I asked and it's also
the reason why I am considering other projects as well. I just
wanted to start with something I know I could do within the given
time frame and something that I thought would be really useful
for the D language and community. If I get similar feedback from
other people, I will probably work on a different proposal.