Uniform Function Call Syntax?

Era Scarecrow via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Mar 6 22:48:10 PST 2016

On Monday, 7 March 2016 at 06:02:46 UTC, Patience wrote:
> On Monday, 7 March 2016 at 00:19:07 UTC, Xinok wrote:
>> Please no. If I need to open up Character Map just to write
>> code, something has gone horribly wrong.
>
> A proper code editor could handle this. Type something like
> ctrl + ? and it pops up all the implemented uni-code operators.
>
> Else we are stuck in the past until you decide to change...

  I'm reminded. Weren't there standard 50-something keyboards, and
then 101 keyboards? And you actually COULDN'T do programming on
the 50-key keyboards because literally standard symbols were
missing?

  Honestly it would be annoying to have to pull up character map,
memorize ascii or unicode characters, or even require a helper
program which isn't present on most tools.

  I have an excellent idea! I'll start programming using nothing
but the greek alphabet, better yet unicode characters!

  //謎機能
  int æ(File ß, int Ɣ, int Ʊ) {
    return Ɣ 乘 Ɣ 加 Ʊ 子 7;
  }

  Actually let's alias off the ints too because, we don't need
those.

  //謎機能
  數 æ(數 Ɣ, 數 Ʊ) {
    return Ɣ 乘 Ɣ 加 Ʊ 子 7;
  }

  i happy i cut & paste everywhere (instead of relying on
standardized ascii characters that actually mean something to
me... Okay maybe this went off track)