Uniform Function Call Syntax?

Chris Wright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 7 10:46:52 PST 2016

On Mon, 07 Mar 2016 12:58:51 +0000, Lass Safin wrote:
> Have you ever heard of .XCompose?
> For linux: https://github.com/kragen/xcompose For windows:
> https://github.com/samhocevar/wincompose How it works:
> You choose a compose key, then use it to compose special characters with
> specific sequences.

Alternatively, you can create a custom keyboard layout for Linux
relatively easily. The text format is relatively legible, but to
simplify, you can use a utility such as
https://github.com/simos/keyboardlayouteditor .

For instance, I find myself using the characters ðþƹāē often for personal
reasons, plus åøæ when I was learning Norwegian, so I created a keyboard
layout to simplify that.

Still doesn't make it a great idea, but if your code's audience is
sufficiently constrained, you might find it makes some things more usable.