Uniform Function Call Syntax?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 7 11:15:00 PST 2016

On Monday, 7 March 2016 at 18:57:03 UTC, Chris Wright wrote:
> It's still not inconsistent to disallow math symbols.

It is inconsistent if you accept that different communities have
different notations/languages. Why you would you want to exclude
the scientific community?

> here: I want to guide people toward using descriptive names,
> because that makes it easier to read code, which makes it
> easier to verify correctness.

Err, no, the contrary. What you get is an incomprehensible and
overly verbose mess that hide problems and/or result in excessive
overloading of the "*" symbol. Try some geometric computing
problems, it gets messy quickly.

People don't write descriptive names, they write short names, if
you provide a very limited set of symbols. Like "dot".