DIP81: Writing files at compile time

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 8 03:14:41 PST 2016

Am 08.03.2016 um 11:28 schrieb Stefan Koch:
> On Wednesday, 12 August 2015 at 18:37:40 UTC, JDemler wrote:
>> Triggered by the original forum thread I wrote a DIP to further
>> explain the idea of the writing files at compile time feature and its
>> implications.
>>
>> http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP81
>>
>> Please discuss!
>
> I like the idea of being able to write files at compile-time.
> Is there any progress on this.

No progress on the DIP, I made an alternative implementation for
vibe.d's Diet templates using multiple `shared static this()` and
writing the files at run time:

https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/vibe.d/pull/1385

Performance results are very promising. I don't know which way is nicer
(or uglier), but at least for this use case, the DIP isn't strictly
necessary.