TypeInfo madness

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 8 14:41:08 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 8 March 2016 at 21:44:28 UTC, Brad Roberts wrote:
> The fun part is going to be all the ripple effect changes
> required to api's to pass them around as const.  Those result
> in mangling changes and thus is a reasonably massive amount of
> low level ABI churn.

Perhaps we can make the data private with only public, final
getter properties for it, to const data.

The .initializer property already returns const, so making m_init
const shouldn't change anything. name is already string, so its
contents are immutable.

vtbl and destuctor are void*, so they need to be casted anyway. I
don't think const will break anything there.

Biggest worry I see is interfaces.... but I'm pretty sure again
little should change. We can keep the outer type the same while
just changing the member variables to minimize outside changes.