Potential GSoC project - GC improvements

Jeremy DeHaan via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 11 07:13:46 PST 2016

Thank you all for the feedback.

I think I might still need a little more feedback as to what the
project should actually entail, but here's what it's looking like
so far:

Implement lock free allocation using std.experimental.allocator's
freelists (SharedFreeList? It was the only thing in the
documentation that specifically mentions lock free allocation)

Implement a generational garbage collector

Implement precise garbage collection (possibly piggybacking off
of Rainer's work)

Does anyone think that might be too much to take on or does it
sound pretty good? I have other garbage collector things I'd like
to explore, but I they should probably go in the "if time allows"
category at this point.

    Jeremy