dmd-built dmd is faster that ldc-built dmd or gdc-built dmd?

David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 11 15:32:45 PST 2016

On Friday, 11 March 2016 at 15:09:26 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> Yes, I know.  And if I were to say which behaviour is desired.
> I'd say GDC is doing the right thing.
>
> Marking all functions as 'weak' is a terrible idea on both
> DMD's and LDC's part.

I distinctly remember Daniel and me having to remove those
functions from DDMD when we first got it to build with LDC
during/after DConf 2015.

LDC definitely does not mark symbols as weak/comdat/etc. by
default. However, the linker might not pull in an object file
from a static library if the respective symbols have already been
resolved using other files.

  — David