the most D-ish GUI library

Saša Janiška via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 14 00:52:37 PDT 2016

Chris Wright <dhasenan at gmail.com> writes:

> I'm guessing dlangui will be best here, but GtkD is pretty good.

What might be some 'pro' of dlangui?

> You might be able to use model-view-presenter and keep the model and
> presenter @safe and the view @trusted, but @safe has poor adoption so
> far.

I recall reading something about in the past, somewhere, but wonder if
improving the situation in regard to @safe is still on the radar?

To me, it looks as great feature, especially considering competitive
languages like Rust which claim similar thing...

> Interfacing with C requires copious use of @trusted, and there's little
> guidance on where we should use @trusted.

I hope that will improve as well.

> dlangui will be consistent on different platforms. However, what I've
> seen in it doesn't support antialiasing, so it's kind of ugly.

I see...god to know. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
He is a perfect yogī who, by comparison to his own self,
sees the true equality of all beings, in both their