Potential GSoC project - GC improvements

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 14 19:56:20 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 15 March 2016 at 01:34:07 UTC, Jeremy DeHaan wrote:
> I haven't had power for a couple of days, but it looks like the
> discussion has gone along pretty ok.

I would characterize it as very interesting, although I know very
little about how GCs are implemented.

I have a question, for the more knowledgeable...

There was some discussion about the difficulty of handling unions
and being able to ensure that pointers are pointers in a precise
GC. Is there less work involved in getting the GC to be precise
for @safe code? Does the current GC take this into account?