the most D-ish GUI library

Saša Janiška via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 15 03:31:40 PDT 2016

thedeemon <dlang at thedeemon.com> writes:

> It is quite "D-ish", using the power of D metaprogramming and D syntax
> quite effectively in some places.

That's nice.

> One big 'pro' of dlangui for me is that you can get a self-contained
> 1-2 MB binary without dependencies on any DLLs. Small to download,
> easy to run, no need for the user to install anything.

That's cool as well.

> Another one is DML, an analog of QML:
> http://stuff.thedeemon.com/lj/dml.png

is there some GUI build for DML?

> Third one is 100% customizability thanks to drawing everything by
> dlangui, so you can change any visual aspect you need. Often without
> changing code, because there is support for "themes" that can even be
> switched at runtime. But having full source code in D helps too.

Uhh...it seems it's another one I've to check ore thoroughly.

With some other languages, it was hard to find *single* decent GUI
option, while now I see there are plenty options for D. :-)

> One downside of dlangui is that docs are often scarce and not enough,
> sometimes you need to read source code to see how it works and shall
> be used.

Well, although there are several GUI options for D, it would be nice if
the force would be joined to have *one* native D GUI library using
native look and feel which seems to be more important for OS-es like Mac
& Windows...

Sincerely,
Gour

--
One who sees inaction in action, and action in inaction,
is intelligent among men, and he is in the transcendental position,