Walter, I need a __trait please.

cy via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 15 21:47:05 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 15 March 2016 at 19:59:01 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> It is like one of these simili good idea that everybody tries
> and everybody regrets it. You DON'T want to expose your
> compiler implementation to the language.

I'm sorry, but I know a lot of people who don't expose their
compiler implementation to the language, and I don't know anyone
at all who tried exposing their compiler implementation to the
language, and regretted it. Instead of concocting these scenarios
that nobody has even tried, then claiming "everybody regrets" it,
perhaps you should give your reasoning as to why they are not a
good thing.

I'd honestly worry more about the compiler hiding implementation,
that could have been used to make things easier for programmers.