the most D-ish GUI library

Vadim Lopatin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 16 02:44:22 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 15 March 2016 at 22:26:15 UTC, Karabuta wrote:
> DlangUI has a nice API design but still need serious design and
> art work to catch up with Gtk 3.18 - 2.0 in terms of UI look
> and feel. I also find that it just have basic widgets. With Gtk
> you have Switch, Stack, Notebook, HeaderBar, and many modern
> input widgets for a modern GUI toolkit.

Some of such widgets are easy to implement.
Switch - just need to add new style for button to theme.
Switch, Stack, Notebook, HeaderBar - new styles for TabHeader,
TabHost, TabWidget
Can be implemented in one day.

Some other controls like Rich Edit or HTML view are much harder
to implement, and require a lot of development time.

Making of OSX native looking controls seems easy - new theme
based on OSX screenshots is to be created.