the most D-ish GUI library

Saša Janiška via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 16 12:51:37 PDT 2016

Gary Willoughby <dev at nomad.so> writes:

> Tkd is truly cross-platform (Linux, Mac and Windows), very simple to
> understand and 'just works' with very little effort but it's not very
> modern.

When you say 'modern' do you consider lack of some 'modern' widget or
just general look (although I read that it improved in 8.6 or so)?

> Tkd is useful for rapid prototyping and creating easily maintainable
> internal tools, etc.
>
> Gtk-d is more of a robust, industry strength, modern library but
> suffers from poor documentation and can get quite complicated to use.
>
> Dlangui looks good but is in early development and not quite finished.

Thank you for sharing.

> Personally, I'd use Tkd for quick and nasty stuff and Gtk-d for real
> commercial applications.

I'm in between - targetting real, but open-source apps. :-)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
One who is not disturbed in mind even amidst the threefold
miseries or elated when there is happiness, and who is free