Females in the community.

Gerald Jansen via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 17 11:06:32 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 17 March 2016 at 16:33:45 UTC, DennisQuaid wrote:
> Here's about "Compilers/Programming Language" so most people
> here are bearded guys.

Actually this extreme gender imbalance is something that struct
me ever since I started watching the DConf videos and following
these forums. Is it the same in other comparable communities? Or
is there perhaps something about the D language or its community
that contributes to the extreme gender imbalance?
(Competitiveness and occasional aggressivity in these forums, for
example?)