Stack Overflow: Developer Survey Results - 2016

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 17 11:33:08 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 17 March 2016 at 14:16:49 UTC, Darkfeign wrote:
> http://stackoverflow.com/research/developer-survey-2016
>
> Developer survey results are in from Stack Overflow.
> Particularly interested to see is Rust topping the 'Most Loved'
> category, with Go just below at #5. Interested in hearing other
> peoples' thoughts on the results and what you found most
> surprising, if anything.

I don't recall even being asked to fill out such a survey, though
I likely would have ignored it just like Adam did. Regardless,
the results that I've typically seen from such surveys at SO
always seem biased in ways that make the information seem almost
meaningless to me - e.g. the ages are typically on the low end,
indicating that SO really is not representative of programmers as
a whole - just programmers who ask questions online - which
really shouldn't be surprising, but it makes me seriously
question whether it indicates much of anything about programmers
as a whole.

The bottom line is that the information that they have seems to
be biased enough that I don't see much point in paying attention
to it.

- Jonathan M Davis