Females in the community.

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 17 16:00:51 PDT 2016

On 3/17/2016 9:17 AM, Karabuta wrote:
>  Moreover, the socia Media representation of D sucks. I think we need a female,
> at least someone soft and mortal who actually understand how to communicate and
> build a community. Coders suck at these things and its not helping. This is not
> about gender balance crap, it about building a community.

As far as the D community goes, I don't care about anyone's gender, politics,
age, race, disabilities, charisma, social skills, country, history, personal
hygiene, religion, etc. I only care about ability, commitment, and contributions
to D, i.e. a meritocracy, as close as we can get to one.

Many D community members are known only by their online handles, which they pick
themselves. If they choose to have an anonymizing layer, it is their right to do
so, and if anyone "unmasks" such contributors, I consider it an egregious
affront to the community.

I do ask that people use real names for github commitments, and this is for
legal reasons in case there is some problem with the rights to the code, but if
they choose not to, they choose not to, and we will respect that.

We make no attempt to track online users of the D sites, either. (Though be
aware that github does, we don't control github.)

As discussed in an earlier thread, I refuse to have a "Code of Conduct" for the
forums or the D conferences.