Compile fails, don't know why

Mathias Lang via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 18 04:00:09 PDT 2016

On Friday, 18 March 2016 at 10:38:00 UTC, Nafees wrote:
> On Friday, 18 March 2016 at 10:25:06 UTC, Mathias Lang wrote:

>>> Plus, the code works if the class is in the same module, and
>>> I did add the path to the QLib.classes module in the compiler.
>>
>> See the compilation command:
>> dmd -O -release "main.d"  "-I/usr/include/dmd"
>> "-I/home/nafees/Desktop/Projects/DLibrary" "-odobj/Release"
>> "-of/home/nafees/Desktop/Projects/LrnD/LrnD/bin/Release/LrnD"
>> -w -vcolumns
>>
>> Here your module is not linked in, only main.d
>
> Now I created a folder in the usr/include/dmd named qlib and
> placed the module there, yet it won't work.

Just realized this was in the wrong forum. Please move your
question to learn (http://forum.dlang.org/group/learn), as
General is intended for general-purpose discussion.
You might want to provide additional informations, like which
build tool you are using.

The problem is not where the module lives (the compiler would
complain if it couldn't find it), but that you didn't ask for the
module to be part of your executable.
To do so, you need to add `path/to/qlib/classes.d` to your
command line.