Females in the community.

qznc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 18 05:09:45 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 17 March 2016 at 16:17:46 UTC, Karabuta wrote:
> Are there any female programmers using D? :)
> Moreover, the socia Media representation of D sucks. I think we
> need a female, at least someone soft and mortal who actually
> understand how to communicate and build a community. Coders
> suck at these things and its not helping. This is not about
> gender balance crap, it about building a community.
>
> Forgive me for my brutal opinion.
>
> Destroy :)

I guess this thread now only serves as a lesson in "political"
writing.

Karabuta wanted to discuss that "the social media representation
of D sucks". Unfortunately, he opened his post with a question
for "female programmers using D". Even the title is "Females in
the community". The discussion derailed into sexism and whatnot.

I would advice Karabuta (or anyone else) to make another
top-level post without any references to gender, if you want to
discuss social media.

The only women I noticed in the D community is Maxime [0]. She
built a research Javascript compiler with D for her PhD and now
joined Apple. Maybe we should ask her, if there are issues
concerning women and the D community?

[0] http://pointersgonewild.com/