State of interfacing with c++

Jonas Drewsen via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 18 06:45:18 PDT 2016

For a hack week at work I am thinking about creating a module in
D that can be used with our existing application which is written
in C++.

Can anyone shed some light on the current status of interfacing
with C++? In particular:

1, Can I build my C++ program using visual c++ and then link a D
module compiled with gdc/ldc/dmd into it using the ms linker?

2, Can I do the same with the OSX tool chain ie. compile main
program using xcode clang etc.

3, And what about linux?

3, Which features of D or C++ should I expect not to work or
shouldn't use when interfacing.

Any pointers to reasonably up-to-date info about interfacing with
c++ is much appreciated as well.

Thanks