Jai - interesting programming language

Basile B. via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 19 01:38:20 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 19 March 2016 at 01:22:19 UTC, Piotr Szturmaj wrote:
> https://github.com/BSVino/JaiPrimer/blob/master/JaiPrimer.md
>
> Looks like it has some features that D has too, for instance
> CTFE and default value initialization that can be disabled.
>
> Not that it's a superior language, but I like its
> fresh/innovative approach.

https://a.thumbs.redditmedia.com/eo8ea7bl1ZrGQBovtU4jAmHzETH8-4xxfbt6rA5xEU4.png

"Not planned
- [...]
- Constructors and Destructors
"

seriously ?! constructors and destructors are always needed for
manual memory managment !

Otherwise there's something that's pretty in the syntax:

identifier : type = initializer; // straight declaration
identifier : type; // no init
identifier := initializer; // infered type

However later in the function declaration:

"sum := (x: float, y: float, z: float) -> float {
     return x + y + z;
};"

I would expect the same system as for variables:

"sum : float = (x: float, y: float, z: float) {
     return x + y + z;
};"

or return type inference:

"sum := (x: float, y: float, z: float) {
     return x + y + z;
};"