State of interfacing with c++

Jonas Drewsen via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 19 06:11:18 PDT 2016

On Friday, 18 March 2016 at 20:50:59 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 3/18/2016 6:45 AM, Jonas Drewsen wrote:
>> [...]
>
> dmd itself is a D main program that calls a lot of C++ code
> (the optimizer and back end) and so interfacing to C++ works on
> every platform dmd runs on.

My concern was mostly if I could use visual c++ compiled backed
to link with dmd/ldc/gdc compiled modules or if the c++ part must
to be compiled a non-vc compiler e.g. dmc, gcc, clang to work.

Because making our existing app compile on e.g. windows using
something else that visual c++ would definitely increase the work
load.