Is C++ trying to be like D?

Anonymouse via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Mar 20 03:18:26 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 20 March 2016 at 01:18:06 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> Would one rather have a Ferrari Daytona replica made from a
> Corvette, or a Ferrari Daytona?

Said crowd is made of die hard Corvette fans, who have been
historically downplaying the extra spiffs of the Ferraris as
useless. So now that they get them for their own cars, they are
amazing new ideas and/or have retroactively been important the
entire time. Reasons to get Ferraris instead are invalidated
accordingly.

I don't agree with them, but I've seen it in other contexts so I
imagine it's a common fallacy.