How can I report what I think a compiler's frontend bug

Marco Leise via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Mar 20 09:16:18 PDT 2016

Am Sun, 20 Mar 2016 11:28:19 +0000
schrieb Vincent R <lol at dlang.org>:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to start a new project (a bonjour/zeroconf wrapper
> and a gui browser using it).
> For the gui part I would like to use my existing skills using
> wxWidgets wrapper (wxD).
> So I have started to report a problem a few months ago:
> https://forum.dlang.org/post/rtarlodeojnmedgsnscb@forum.dlang.org
>
> But so far(DMD32 D Compiler v2.070.2) it's still not fixed.
> Do you think it will be fixed one day ?
>
> Thanks

Yes, I think it will be fixed one day, since - as you know
by reading the very thread you linked - it is already reported
and the GDC developers chimed in and considered it critical.
There are also 118 open critical/blocker bugs that were
reported before yours. Most of them by people here on the
forums and you would need to explain to us why your bug
deserves higher attention than the others (154 in total).

Dlang is free open-source software and there is only a hand
full of people who are fixing bugs in the compiler just for the
sake of improving it. Most people contribute occasionally when
they are interested in a solution to a particular problem.

If you really need this fixed now ... you know the drill. I
suggest you analyze the problem and start a discussion about
it. Honestly asking why the compiler emits duplicate symbols
in a reduced test case might have yielded you some good

Marco