OpenCV bindings for D

wobbles via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 21 08:45:36 PDT 2016

Hi Folks,

I have a project in mind that I'd like to run on my new Raspberry
Pi 3.
Essentially a security camera that will only record when it
detects changes between frames.
Now, this is already a solved problem I believe, however in the
interest of learning I want to do it myself.

Ideally, I'd compare two images using the OpenCV library, and
ideally I'd do that from D code.

However, there exists no OpenCV binding for D that I can find. Is
there a technical reason for this?

I understand the OpenCV C api is quite old and dated, and it's
recommended to use the C++ one as a result.
On that, where is C++ / D linkage at?

I know very little about linking the two, but it's something I'd
like to learn more about and see this as an opportunity for that
- before I sink a load of time into it, however, it'd be good to
know if it's even feasibly possible to do so.

Thanks!