Some crazy ideas from a high level perspective

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 22 07:42:18 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 22 March 2016 at 14:08:55 UTC, _d0s_ wrote:

> Idea2: Matrix Solvers
> Have some base algorithms to solve linear and quadtratic
> systems on top of those matrices. (LU, QR, ...)

You would be interested in
https://github.com/DlangScience

They have cblas for matrix multiplication and scid.linalg has an
interface to LAPACK (the most common way to do LU/QR/etc). I
don't have experience with these, but I think they were created
before std.experimental.ndslice, so I'm not sure how well they
inter-operate. I believe there is work being done on this, but
I'm sure John Colvin et al would appreciate any help you would be
able to provide.

With respect to your point about about sparse vs. dense matrix
types and other special layouts, it would probably be possible to
build some of that functionality on top of ndslice. I'd prefer
there to be a focus of getting blas/LAPACK working seamlessly
with ndslice before that.