Some crazy ideas from a high level perspective

Edwin van Leeuwen via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 22 08:33:04 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 22 March 2016 at 15:19:10 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
> Idea 1:
>
> Sigh I do wish the author of gl3n had given permission for
> relicense for Phobos. Would do what you want.
>
> Idea 3:
>
> My goal is get windowing/image library into Phobos. Now that is
> not a UI toolkit but you can atleast get a window up and show
> an image like a graph.
> Kinda everything you want.

Any tips on how easy it will be to plot a cairo surface to a
window? ggplotd currently relies on gtkd for that, but would be
great if there is a D based solution.

I'm especially interested in plotting image of the below type in
a window:

CAIRO_FORMAT_ARGB32[1]
each pixel is a 32-bit quantity, with alpha in the upper 8 bits,
then red, then green, then blue. The 32-bit quantities are stored
native-endian. Pre-multiplied alpha is used. (That is, 50%
transparent red is 0x80800000, not 0x80ff0000.)

[1] cairographics.org/manual-1.2.0/cairo-Image-Surfaces.html