year to date pull statistics

tsbockman via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 22 09:11:15 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 22 March 2016 at 15:33:23 UTC, PmLk wrote:
> On Tuesday, 22 March 2016 at 00:20:56 UTC, tsbockman wrote:
>> It's to the point where I feel kind of guilty about opening
>> new pull requests.
>
> You shouldn't. It's not your fault if the authors let their PR
> sleeping during 6 months without maintaining them. If you look
> at the tail of the queue, 60% of the PR don't even pass anymore.

Yes, but it is also quite common for pull requests that *are*
being maintained to get stalled for weeks or months, simply
because no one with the right skills/merge rights can find the
time to respond.

It's not uncommon to find pull requests whose last few messages
are mostly just "pings" from the author, separated by weeks or
even months, trying to get someone to finally review/merge the
thing.