Some crazy ideas from a high level perspective

_d0s_ via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 22 11:18:50 PDT 2016

thanks for all the opinions!

> Perhaps this is what you're looking for?
> https://dlang.org/phobos/std_experimental_ndslice.html

that would be a good starting point for a matrix library

> You would be interested in
> https://github.com/DlangScience

> They have cblas for matrix multiplication and scid.linalg has
> an interface to LAPACK (the > most common way to do LU/QR/etc).
> I don't have experience with these, but I think they were
> created before std.experimental.ndslice, so I'm not sure how
> well they inter-operate. I > believe there is work being done
> on this, but I'm sure John Colvin et al would appreciate > any
> help you would be able to provide.

thx, havent found that before :)
i haven't used lapack/blas before, i will have a look at it. i'm
using mostly Eigen for my projects.

> If all you need are plotting tools, these would be useful
> https://code.dlang.org/packages/ggplotd
> https://code.dlang.org/packages/plotd
that would be somewhat close already to matlab like plotting

> Sigh I do wish the author of gl3n had given permission for
> relicense for Phobos. Would do what you want.

i have used gl3n before, it's not really what i'm looking for.
gl3n afaik only provides up to 4x4 dense matrices, with the focus
on being a GLM (http://glm.g-truc.net/0.9.7/index.html)
replacement for the use with Opengl. correct me if i'm wrong.

Cairo and Kheops look interesting. I have used Openvg before.
Some time ago i've created a little Openvg D wrapper for shiva vg
( https://code.dlang.org/packages/dopenvg ) . From a diagram or
image viewer i'd also expect some level of interactivity. That's
why i thought a web app with CEF would be suitable

do you have experience with creating web apps for desktop, or
reasons why i'd definitively want to use a native framework for
such a project? .. or for UI in general